It all Starts with God

A friend of mine suggested that I read Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life as part of my Spiritual Exercise. I read the same book a couple of years back. So, with reluctance picked up the same book again. I knew that it was worth reading again but all the same didn't have the interest I once had to read the books of that sort. I must confess that re-reading the book was an experience beyond my wildest expectations. I was truly in touch with myself and found the thirst for prayer that I lost sometime back. 
The first title of the exercise is  it all starts with God. Modern world is rather too  focused on the individual self. It has lost the sense of the divine as a consequence. The results of considering the individual self as the agent of happiness are too obvious. Unfortunately, the results are often undesirable than positive. Perfectionism is one of the results of focusing too much on oneself. This happens to us, religious! Perfectionism is nothing but slow death! 
Warren says, "The meaning of life is not found looking at yourself. Because you didn't create yourself. Begin with God." It is turning to Him, the source of our being we begin to find the purpose of our existence. Let us turn to Him then as we meditate on the passion of the Lord during the season of Lent. Let us begin with Him because, "For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are," Romans 3: 20.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy of Macebeth

THE EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY OF PAULO FREIRE [IMPLICATIONS FOR SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION]

Swelling Is not Growth