Stealing - the Worst Crime

One of the novels that I cherished reading is Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner. Something of what the Novelist tried to drive home through the novel rings in my ears even after two year and half. Amir's father, a well respected man of his locality, tells him that stealing is the worst crime. The reason he gives is something amazing. He gives rather a broad meaning to it. For instance, when I speak ill of someone I steal of him of his right for good reputation. When I kill someone I steal his right to live; rob his relationships with so many people. when I tell a lie I steal someone's right to know the truth. Hence, stealing becomes the worst crime. 


What thrilled me most when I read that Amir's father himself stole Amir's right to know the truth that Hassan, his friend, is his brother. In it I discovered the intensity our thoughts and actions. The consequences of them are far from our imagining at times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragedy of Macebeth

THE EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY OF PAULO FREIRE [IMPLICATIONS FOR SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION]

Swelling Is not Growth